Sunday, July 17, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. -Matthew 18:3
This morning I wanted to read to my 3-year-old daughter from John 14 because we like to talk about God's big, big house that we will go to some day:  "My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."(v 2&3)
I asked her if she knew what Jesus was talking about and she said that she did. "I know all about Jesus," she said.
"Can you tell me what else you know?" I asked her.
"I know that Jesus loves us, and that he died on a cross."
"Do you know why?" I asked.
"God hates sin- when you do bad stuff, like when you have to go to time out, you have to be punished because God doesn't like that. Jesus went on the cross to take our punishment."
"But Jesus came back to life, right?" 
She nodded her head, "mmmhmm"
"And where is he now?" 
She pointed up to the sky and said, "Up in heaven getting the house ready."
I praise God that my little girl know this! It is a very simple lesson. Jesus told us to be like the little children in our faith. Look at what I learned today!






No comments:

Post a Comment